1. Job Description
At Fairwinds, we offer two main products: Kubernetes Advisory and ClusterOps. Through Kubernetes Advisory, we write infrastructure automation, migrate to high-availability solutions, and craft Kubernetes-based microservice architectures for our clients. We work directly with clients to ensure their goals are met through automation, analysis, and infrastructure configuration, this job is about coordinating that work.
Via ClusterOps, we help companies implement Kubernetes quickly and effectively on top of AWS or Google Cloud Platform. You’ll work with our engineers to help us manage globally load balanced installations, as well as smaller, single-region affairs.
No matter the product, we take a DevOps-centric approach with our clients - we believe that we provide amazing service and our clients get the best value when we work closely together. We integrate task trackers (Pivotal, Trello, Asana), chat (Slack, Hipchat), and source control (github) into our own workflow through careful and clever use of automation, giving our clients the ability to contact us like they would with an internal DevOps team but without an operational burden on us.
As the Technical Project Manager you will interface directly with external clients and manage multiple projects simultaneously to help us coordinate work and make sure everything gets done. The word "Technical" is included because you probably need some basic understanding of cloud technologies to understand how to delve out this work and get it done alongside of our engineering team. We can teach much of this, and we do not expect you to be highly technical as we would of an engineer.
- Track and manage client engagements during all stages from kickoff through long-term managed service.
- Monitor project dates, tasks, hours spent, risks, blockers through project life cycle
- Work with engineering teams understand scope, organize tasks, and prioritize effort between multiple clients and projects
- Facilitate meetings and other communication, including status reporting and meeting notes
- Seek process improvements
- This role does not manage personnel
- This role does not perform any “hands-on” technical work
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated prior client interaction or Account Management / Engagement Management experience.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Probably you enjoy a good list.
We all work from home (US remote hours only). We know that the whole world has turned remote as a result of a massive pandemic complicating all of our lives, but we have always been and will continue to be "Remote First. We are a Results-Only Work Environment, have a transparent and public technical ladder, minimum vacation policy and unlimited time off, and require healthy work-life balance. We pay 100% of individual and family health insurance premiums and have been bootstrapped and profitable since our founding.
We're hiring across experience bands from mid to senior levels.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.