Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
At ActBlue Technical Services, we build and maintain a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
If youve ever given online to a Democratic candidate or progressive organization, chances are youve used our software. Our team has a big impact on the future of our country, and with the 2020 elections on the horizon, were busier than ever helping small-dollar donors make an impact and take on Trumps administration.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to be part of our Technical Operations team who is passionate about streamlining processes and improving efficiency. We offer autonomy, responsibility, and amazing in-office and remote colleagues geeking out about politics and tech all day, plus generous benefits.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Scope and lead cross-functional strategic projects within ActBlues Technical Operations Team.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple internal teams with competing priorities.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate risks that have the potential to impact project delivery.
- Address bottlenecks, escalate when necessary.
- Manage release interdependencies, which includes driving towards solutions for delivering complex, multi-tiered cloud systems.
- Follow Agile methodologies when interacting with various stakeholders including; Operations and DevOps resources, product managers, engineering, and other business stakeholders
- Clearly establish and communicate prioritization of project deliverables based on the feedback of stakeholders and project team members.
- Help build and maintain a culture of accountability within each project you lead.
- Take responsibility by owning release schedules and milestones, and keeping momentum high.
- Communicate effectively with local and remote staff in a cross-functional environment.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of technical project management experience.
- A deep understanding of technology platforms running in the public cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure).
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies, scrum master experience a plus.
- Management of development projects with multiple inputs and coordination with cross-functional teams.
- BS in CS or Engineering a plus.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing process improvements.
- A passion for creating integrated solutions with infrastructure as code and streamlining processes for efficient, consistent, and secure product delivery.
Our Engineering Values:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the tools we build have real-world consequences for millions of people and take that responsibility seriously.
- Security is at the center of everything we do. We are always on the lookout for ways to further harden our platform.
- We know that code isnt just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
- We believe that being correct isnt enough; respect for your colleagues and users is fundamental.
You can work in our Somerville, MA HQ; our satellite office in Portland, OR; or remotely from anywhere in the US (CA, MD, NY, RI, TX, UT, Washington DC, and WI are preferred).
Were a growing team passionate about changing our country. Each and every one of us is fully committed to our mission, and we are looking for new team members who match our passion and are ready to dive in! If you're interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.