Technical Program Manager- Product Media
Technical Program Manager
This is an exciting time in Wayfair’s history! Built on the foundation of a great post-college idea between friends; Wayfair has grown to be the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings in the Unites States. With annual revenue hitting $3.4B and 8.3 million active customers we have seen tremendous growth over the years. Wayfair is now looking to invest in and mature our technology backbone to enable our next level of growth and achievement. This is a chance to make a real and visible impact on the success of Wayfair’s most complex initiatives as a technical program manager. This position combines a unique blend of Product, Project, and Portfolio management.
- Lead teams to determine and implement process changes that increase visibility, drive efficiencies and predictable delivery.
- Negotiate priorities across multiple outlets to ensure the team works on the right things.
- Develop, maintain, and drive programs portfolio.
- Uncover dependencies and resource constraints to remove roadblocks to success.
- Provide clear business communication to stakeholders across all levels, departments, and skill sets.
- Lead vital key projects focused on delivering our bleeding-edge 3D technology stack
- Coordinate large, cross-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Collaborate on the management and direction of department-wide operational improvements.
- A proven track record of determining and implementing process changes that drive efficiencies and predicable delivery.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization.
- 5 + years of experience managing technical projects and a track record of building, maintaining, and driving a technical team’s roadmap in software development, data center, operations, or computing infrastructure-related environments.
- A demonstrable track record of fostering a successful team atmosphere.
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Experience with and working knowledge media platforms a plus
- Proven capacity for identifying risks and managing trade-offs in a highly complex environment.
- Ability to use critical thinking to identify opportunities to minimize end user impact.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.