Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management team. This employees focus will be on delivering strategic product initiatives to the field. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing development of new products from the initial planning/scoping phases through launch of new innovative products.
What will you own?
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related initiatives
- Ability to facilitate the definition of project objectives, scope, and schedule
- Plan and direct budgets and spending
- Serve as the primary conduit for projects/programs, between all functional organizations across the value chain
- Deliver proof-of-concept prototypes that demonstrate performance and tradeoffs
- Lead new product development programs through production launch.
- Maintain clear systems of documentation, ensuring that all product decisions are well-documented
- Coordinate with internal partners for successful transitions from planning phases through launch
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile Project Management and lean operations
- Demonstrate leadership by working with representatives from Product Management, Content, Documentation, Support, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to prioritize and negotiate internal resource allocation to support the program plan/schedule.
- Manage the project risk register and associated mitigation plan.
- Coordinate and communicate project status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the management team
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 3-5 years of technical experience working with electromechanical systems
- 3-5 years of program management experience
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering, or similar equivalent experience.
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Program management experience in advanced development or the development of new technologies using both agile and waterfall methodologies; PMP preferred
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with Phase Gate product deliveries
- Ability to drive to tangible results in a timely manner even when the work involves a high-level of ambiguity
- Experience working in a startup and growth environment is a plus.
- Experience with managing contracts & relationships with external partners to include contract manufacturers
- Strong systems-level critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools
- Smartsheet & Jira working knowledge/experience preferred