Technical Program Manager
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, weve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products,a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard,Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, youll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, andabove allhave fun doing it.
FitbitsHQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think youve found your fit?
What youll do:
- Work with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to plan and prioritize work
- Engage teams in program-level planning and execution in multiple sprint increments
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- Drive process improvements toward the consistent delivery of working product
- Identify and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies for the team
- Remove impediments to delivery of the initiatives
- Communicate status, timelines and risks
We are looking for someone who has 5-8 years of experience as a Program Manager for a software development team who has some combination of the following skills:
- Build strong, trusting relationships with development teams, product management, stakeholders, and cross-functional development groups
- Clearly communicate changes/requests to the team and status/compromises to stakeholders
- Demonstrated competence in key program management best practices: program planning, schedule construction and management; risk assessment & mitigation, change management and predictive metrics
- Ability to work effectively in both strategic and tactical spaces
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizationalskillsto be able to coordinate complicated projects
- Exceptional team building and team management skills, including interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- High emotional intelligence to effectively manage a diverse team working in an constrained environment
- An orientation for execution with a strong process and metrics focus
- Seek to find compromise when requirements conflict and know how to negotiate with collaborators within or outside the team
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processes
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a persons appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.