6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
Our team is looking for a New Product Introduction Technical Program Manager for our software Engineering Teams to drive important 6RS initiatives. Projects/programs will require general cross organization coordination/facilitation and ownership of results. You will help drive the process involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor the project from initiation through release. Organize activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within constraints.
- Build strong and aligned program teams to efficiently deliver on shared goals
- Partner with Engineering and Product with planning, execution, and delivery of cross-functional initiatives
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy and transparency, mastery, innovation and learning
- Promote value-driven delivery, innovation, and continuous improvement at multiple levels of the organization
- Collaborate with stakeholders and engineering to define program requirements, scope and priorities
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate risk exposures at all levels
- Help team backlogs and ensure forward project momentum
- Lead efforts to resolve key project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Prepare and present program and project status to stakeholders
- Communicate the impact of feature or schedule changes to teams that are affected
- Work with engineering to tease out implementation details and identify roadblocks before they occur
- Work with cross functional teams to identify dependencies across teams and manage tracking them and help remove any impediments
- Facilitate and lead scrum-of-scrums and program retrospectives upon completion of engagement
- Drive project communications, keeping clear communication channels open
- Actively lead or participate in client communications to include status calls, meetings, internal team communication with the client, etc.
- Be the glue between different cross-functional teams that include Engineering, Product, Support, GTM, Deployment, and UI/UX, etc.
- 5+ years of tech industry experience and 3+ years of program management experience
- Experience with Agile methods and practices (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience delivering technical programs or products from inception to delivery
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects/programs for both short and long term goals
- Excellent trade-off management in achieving tactical and strategic objectives
- Self-starter; able to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and GSuite
- Comfort in setting context (urgency, dependencies, and goals) and working with teams to determine milestones
- Ability to work in a rapidly growing, fast paced, dynamic company
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.