Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
We are looking for a stellar Product Manager for our Integrations platform. This individual will be responsible for owning the backlog and priority decisions to ensure enterprises can technically connect to Fairmarkit, while setting a vision for our integration platform and its API-driven connections to upstream enterprise resource planning systems, inventory management systems, vendor management databases, finance and accounting software, and other systems. This role works hand-in-hand with the VP of Engineering and Head of Product and will play a key role in ensuring that our customers are set up for success with our platform, and that we continue to innovate.
In your first 30 days you will:
- Participate in onboarding training to learn about the procurement process and todays procurement technology landscape
- Gain a deep understanding of the architecture and unique capabilities of our integrations platform through analyzing code, documentation, and discussions with the technical team
- Prepare technical collateral outlining the existing capabilities of our integration platform and 3rd party systems it integrates with
- Join a kick-off call with a customer to personally ensure their success with Fairmarkit
- Clarify requirements for multiple stories in one of our engineering sprints
- Use Python or API management tools to map data flows between customer systems and Fairmarkit
In your first 90 days you will:
- Give a demo of a new Fairmarkit product feature to the company
- Provide a schedule for the next 3 months of integration engineering deliverables
- In partnership with engineering, deliver integrations with a major ERP system that can be used in a repeatable fashion for future customers
- Prepare a strategic roadmap of technical connectivity strategies to the long tail of ERPs prioritized by our go-to-market team
- Optimize the customer onboarding process and the integration engineering process by owning the cross-team collaboration meetings and process, and identifying and implementing changes to improve specificity of requirements and timetables
In your first year you will:
- Ensure the success of multiple Fortune 10 customers onboarding onto Fairmarkit
- Deliver a sophisticated integration, on time, for a major ERP partner -- which will dramatically expand our total addressable market
- Dramatically reduce the amount of internal and customer resources it takes for the average customer to onboard to Fairmarkit
- In conjunction with other Product Managers, ensure that our integration platform syncs all relevant procurement objects used by Fairmarkit
- Grow your technical skills in the areas of data analysis, integration programming, and enterprise data security through personal development
- Come help forward-thinking enterprises drive efficiency, achieve incredible cost savings, and implement truly transformational digital initiatives with Fairmarkit!
Here are some of the projects and activities you can expect in this role:
- Work with Sales and Customer Onboarding teams to efficiently and thoroughly scope out upcoming customer onboarding events
- Manage internal and public facing release notes throughout individual customer onboarding projects and roadmap development
- Work directly with our tech teams to solve not just todays integration challenges but productize the solutions we deliver so each future integration process is even more robust with substantially less friction
- Prioritize integration process and product improvements with Product, Engineering, and Design, in consultation with Sales and Customer Success
- Be a reliable and organized point of contact between Fairmarkit teams, customers technical teams, and integration partners teamsIdentify, prioritize, scope, and deliver strategic integrations and certifications to ensure Fairmarkit is a robust and trusted procurement industry partner
- At least 4 years acting as a product manager or a team lead of a technical team with heavy API and data processing stories
- Outstanding prioritization, organization, project management, and communication skills
- Proven ability to operate at the speed of a startup: able to quickly ramp on technologies, industries, and business processes (and excitement about evolving with us as we grow)
- Highly technical: the ideal candidate will have demonstrated proficiency with vendor APIs and interfaces, spreadsheets, data modeling and SQL, and proven ability to process data in a programming language such as Python
- Able to identify strategic insights, effectively articulate business opportunities, and play a key role in setting priorities for the integrations roadmap
Experience and skills that could benefit you in this role:
- Consulting or related experience working directly with customers and clients to understand technical, business, and process constraints; define solutions; and deliver successful outcomes
- Procurement/enterprise resource planning/supply chain experience
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Computer Science degree, other technical background, or substantial technical experience
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.