The battle between attackers and defenders is asymmetrical. Most organizations struggle to gather the people or resources to effectively win the game. Our mission is to provide the defenders with easy to use solutions that maximize the impact of their teams. As a Technical Product Manager for InsightIDR, Rapid7s threat detection and response product, youll be part of a team building solutions that help security teams do just that. In this role, you will marry a knack for quickly understanding customer problems with the ability to build simple solutions that make the complex conquerable. This role is an amazing opportunity to become an impactful leader in an exciting, rapidly growing and global technology company.
As a Technical Product Manager, here is a snapshot of the work youll be doing:
Act as product owner for features and projects: manage the product backlog by writing clear use cases/requirements articulating product/service functionality that can be executed on by the engineering team, and ensuring they are prioritized according to business needs
Communicate the product roadmap, ensuring the rest of the business and customers know when milestones will get delivered
Converse with customers and ensure feedback gets synthesized into the product roadmap
Produce content for marketing and sales collateral that articulates customer features and competitive differentiators
Work with subject-matter experts like SOC analysts and security researchers to understand customer problems
Demo the product to customers, partners, customer advisory boards, and other internal groups
This sounds like a lot, but you wont be doing it alone. Youll be working with product management, engineering, sales, security experts, and UX teams in a culture that highly values collaboration, teamwork, and doing the right thing for the customer.
Previous product management work is highly valued, but if you have strong cybersecurity domain knowledge (having previously worked as a security practitioner, technical account manager, sales engineer, developer, or similar role in cybersecurity), experience in the software industry, AND you are well organized, extremely customer driven, and really looking for a challenge as you grow to the next level -- you might be a great fit for this position as well.
How youll make an impact
- Own product requirements definition, customer feedback gathering, usability, reporting and analytics, and release planning
- Gather and prioritize feedback from customers to help in designing and developing features to support our roadmap
- Track post-launch usage and success metrics, set and communicate goals to internal team
- Advocate for ongoing iterations of features based on quantitative and qualitative metrics that your helped define and create
- Work closely with development teams to determine technical solutions, prioritize work, adapt to new information, and communicate schedules
- Focus on customer success metrics for the product area and work with go-to-market team to ensure successful product roll out and customer satisfaction
- Evaluate product requests in a timely manner and drive to a decision
What well expect
- Curious, empathetic and professional customer interactions to gather requirements and identify pain points.
- Turning requirements into useful stories that your UX and Dev partners can solve
- Highly organized, detail oriented and deadline focused to manage and drive product roadmap
- Strong analytical and decision making skills to prioritize activities, issues and business use in a dynamic environment
- Ability to represent the end-user in design and technology reviews
- Strong presentation and communication skills to drive team alignment and build cross-functional relationships
- Up to 20% travel to Rapid7 offices to work with UX, Dev, and Security Practitioner partners, as well as some industry conferences
- Passion for security and making the world a safer place
More Jobs From