Office Tour Photos
Wayfairs Algorithms team creates data science-driven products to inform key business decisions. The team is broadly categorized into Pricing products and Forecasting products.
- Wayfairs Pricing Algorithms team leverages data and technology to hit financial goals and optimize our value offering to customers. The team develops algorithms and tools that optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Using business analytics, big data, and statistics, team members work to understand complex market phenomena, and inform pricing, product assortment and recommendations. A continuous flow of experiments ensures deeper insight and refinement of these tools and algorithms.
- Wayfairs Forecasting Algorithms teams mission is to inform decision-making for supply chain management by CastleGate Availability and Dropship Suppliers by producing decision frameworks, data artifacts and tools using best-in-class modeling approaches. These forecasting products fuel the supply chain and warehouse management systems that aim to increase product availability and fast-delivery options to Wayfair's customers by effectively deploying capital from our 10000+ suppliers.
- Wayfairs Marketplace Algorithms team develops algorithms using behavioral data to foster competition among suppliers and increase customer engagement. Our platform functions as a matchmaker between our suppliers and customers, algorithmically managing product assortment to facilitate frictionless transactions and accelerate Wayfairs growth. We build products that leverage experimentation, scalable models, auction theory, and online learning to maximize value creation on our platform.
As a Technical Product Manager, Data Science, you will be focusing on either Pricing products, Forecasting products, or Marketplace products.
What You'll Do
- Establish the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our pricing, forecasting, and marketplace data science teams.
- Translate high-level business projects into detailed technical deliverables, and manage projects to completion.
- Work to enable workflows through smart data contracts with technical partners to ensure a path to productionalization of our learnings.
- Partner with key stakeholders including Engineering, Pricing & Profitability, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Promotions, and Category Management to develop a cohesive strategy for a variety of high impact business problems.
- Act as subject-matter expert on all data science systems and technologies to non-technical stakeholders.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, you will help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, external speaking/context generation.
What Youll Need
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or a related quantitative or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in turning data into key metrics that produce actionable insights.
- The ability to leverage empirical learnings to drive business strategy.
- Superior communication skills to influence internal teams and senior management to generate consensus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with data science processes including ETL, modeling and evaluation.
- Advanced technical degree such as an MS/PhD or MBA preferred but not required.
- Experience working with machine learning data scientists and/or managing agile sprints for a team of backend engineers is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets and technologies such as Spark, Hive, SQL, Airflow, Python, GCP is a plus.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From