Office Tour Photos
Technical Product Manager - Customer Data Platform
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Customer data is at the heart of all personalization and transactional experiences across all of Wayfairs sites. To ensure our customer data platform scales as Wayfair grows, the next generation platform must be stable, performant, and enable customer data access from the most geographically optimal data center at any time from anywhere in the world. Were looking for a strong product leader within our Platforms team to transform Wayfairs customer data platform into a horizontally scalable next generation platform that can be relied upon by countless microservices across our tech stack. Youll lead the team tackling some of our toughest technical challenges within Storefront. Youll grow fast on this team, and there is a high ceiling within and outside of Customer data.
What Youll Do:
- Develop the vision and roadmap for the Customer Data Platform
- Evangelize your vision within your team and across Wayfair
- Work shoulder to shoulder with your cross-functional team to deliver the vision
- Work with third-party partners like Google to pilot innovative products
- Foster a trusting, high-performing, and fun culture with missionary-like focus on customer value
What Youll Need:
- Youve spent 3+ years leading cross-functional product teams to amazing outcomes
- Your manager or team members have complimented your accountability and organization
- You are a master at problem breakdown and guiding groups through structured decision making
- You love testing - user testing, AB testing, pre-post testing - and have built roadmaps based on tests
- You are data-obsessed: you monitor your KPIs and perform ad hoc analysis to figure out whats next
- You hold a high bar and grow & develop your product team to meet it, and your team likes you for it
- Your stakeholders praise your communication and collaboration, even though you say no to them
- You can talk about times you took initiative to achieve goals meaningful to you or your team
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From