Office Tour Photos
About Your team:
O'Reilly Media is expanding its Product Management organization and looking to bring on a passionate, hands-on Technical Product Manager to help define and build out our product portfolio. Join our growing and dynamic product team as we continue to improve our SaaS platform, helping over 2.5M professionals learn technology, business, and other essential career-building skills.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Technical Product Manager role gives you the opportunity to help define and execute against our roadmap. Using quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, youll work with your team to define key features, functionality, and user experiences. After testing and validating those ideas with customers, youll work with your development and design team to bring those products into the marketplace.
As a part of this role, youll work with and learn from a wide range of practitioners from disciplines in user research, experience design, product marketing, project management, finance, business intelligence, and more. Youll gain insight into how to achieve product market fit through careful study and application of these disciplines.
- Deep dive into our learning platform and its customers. Work with the product team to understand the competitive landscape, and where the biggest opportunities lie.
- Work closely with the Director of Product to understand business vision and product strategy.
- Develop a strategy for bringing interactive experiences to the platform whether it is iterating on existing features like our Live Online Training offering or creating new interactive coding content products.
- Identify KPIs in the space to measure and drive your efforts forward, not afraid to get into the data.
- Recognize when software is only one aspect of a great solution and work with business stakeholders to apply marketing and operations levers in delivering business results.
- Facilitate trade-off discussions between different stakeholders: marketing, research, engineering, design, etc.
- Work closely with a Project Manager and help lead scrum ceremonies such as grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with UX designers, user researchers, and data analysts to generate and test hypotheses, establish design direction, and create effective user experiences.
- Rapidly break down objectives into plans with specific, actionable steps.
- Work with engineering and design to define feature work, and help oversee the execution of that work through design, development, launch, and go-to-market activities.
- Manage internal and external customer feedback to understand the Voice of the Customer including monitoring, responding to, and making actionable roadmap recommendations on the feedback.
- Youre deeply curious, always looking to learn and improve, and have a bias toward action.
- Youre able to synthesize information, form a hypothesis, and defend it against scrutiny.
- Youre able to communicate clearly in whatever way the situation calls for in writing, with visuals and data, and in person.
- Youre able to balance customer needs with company vision.
- Youre able to put our operating principles into practice, and draw from them as a source of inspiration and guidance.
- 3-5 years of product development experience required, with a strong preference for candidates who have product managed technical, interactive, or video products.
- 1-2 years of software development experience.
- A track record of successful product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer discovery efforts, including ideating, prototyping, testing, and iterating on solutions with customers
- Previous experience with leveraging 3rd party integrations while maintaining a cohesive user experience.
- Basic working knowledge of scrum development methods required.
- Bachelors Degree required or equivalent experience.
- SaaS product development experience preferred but not required.
More Jobs From