Technical Product Manager
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
As a Technical Product Manager you'll be part of a growing team of Engineers and Product Designers with big ambitions: delivering a delightful and powerful product that empowers travelers. In this role, you will manage travel shopping and reservation system integrations, developing Hopper's direct connectivity with airline, hotel and other travel systems.
You were trained as a Data Scientist or a Software Engineer, but find yourself less interested in writing code and more interested in mapping complex systems, workflows and business processes. You will work with product, engineering, operations, and growth teams to plan, prioritize, analyze and specify technical solutions to support Hopper's international and product-line initiatives.
A perfect candidate has:
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage and articulate complex systems
- Excel at identifying the essential qualities of a software project: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Outstanding research, analysis, communication, modeling, reporting, project management and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Engineer and Business, you bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and other travel systems.
- Experience with customer support operations and workflow optimization
- Software engineering skills with knowledge of distributed databases, micro-services, user experience, and e-commerce systems
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!