Technical Product Manager
Chewy is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Pet Health Team based in Boston, MA. You will be a key driver behind initiatives for Chewys new and growing Pet Health line of business. This entails not only being a member of the technical product management team, but also innovating the process and development strategies to support Chewys explosive growth in customers, sales, and team expansion. This is not the standard product management role, as this role is building application support structure from the ground up which means getting in the trenches and participating in activities across the board.
What you'll do:
- Own the implementation, enhancement and support for Chewys Pet Health line of business.
- Define requirements which meet business needs.
- Set priorities for the development team.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business.
- Work with engineering team to resolve bottlenecks to help deliver final system deliverables.
- Coordinate activities across different organizational functions for initiatives
- Review and report on progress for initiatives/projects, managing project risks - including the development of contingency plans
- Own the final system deliverables and the overall roadmap for your area of responsibility.
- Measure, report and continuously improve scrum teams effectiveness via mentoring and coaching.
- Manage relationships with vendors, oversee all vendor engagements (including day-to-day support, service tickets and ad-hoc consulting services) for your area of responsibility.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management or Project Management experience
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of system integration, databases and business intelligence
- Agile experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or Business Administration
- Position may require occasional travel
- Experience with building retail solutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, follows up with clients and team members, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and releases management