Technical Marketing Writer
Are you driven by the written word? Do you have an engineering background, but now love to write about highly technical subjects, like DevOps, QA and testing? Are you eager to dive into topics like artificial intelligence, bots, automation, voice recognition and how remote, distributed testing is changing the technology landscape?
Heres your opportunity to work in content marketing for one of the hottest, fastest-growing tech companies in the Boston area -- Applause. As the Technical Marketing Writer, you will write technical content for successful inbound and outbound demand gen campaigns for Applause.
- Passionate storyteller -- Experience building powerful stories in written and video content for prospects and customers that connect industry solutions/products to human experiences.
- Strong writing and editing skills Experience translating complex and technical subject matters into customer-facing content
- Engineering and/or QA background History working in Engineering and/or QA teams, or proven experience writing highly technical content for those audiences
- Deep knowledge of industry Understand and can describe the function and importance of terms such as DevOps, Agile, BDD, TDD, Waterfall, SDLC, unit testing, automation testing, and others
- Understanding of modern content usage patterns Experience creating quick-hitting, short-form content pieces that generate immediate interest from buyers, in addition to detailed and technical long-form content that speak to the interests of our core software development audience
- Marketing funnel knowledge Strong understanding of the marketing funnel and how content helps bring prospects down the funnel. In addition, know how to create content that turns the funnel into a marketing hourglass to build stronger relationships with current customers
- Presentation and webinar mastermind Proven ability to create conference presentations and webinars with customers and thought leaders that will generate interest among prospects
- White paper and research sage Experience conducting research and interpreting data, and transforming that into customer-facing content
- Creative leader -- Understand how to brainstorm and execute on creative concepts and collaborate with design, video and developer teams to build highly engaging visual content
- Campaign-driven Deep understanding of marketing funnel and the buyers journey to support demand generation campaigns
- Measurement wizard Knowledge of utilizing metrics (specifically SEO) to show marketing and content ROI.
- Work in a fast-paced environment Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment and ability to adapt to changing needs on the fly
- Strong interest in B2B technology Proven ability to understand complex technical terms and concepts and B2B products, and the needs of an ever-changing technology landscape, including voice, AI and automation
- Sales knowledge Comfortable collaborating with Sales teams to ensure they know how to use content and understand how to build content that will support Sales
- BA/BS degree
- Engineering or technical background and/or experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in writing/content marketing/communications and writing about Engineering/QA topics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with marketing technology and platforms, including: Google Analytics, social media posting (Sprout, or something similar), and social media platforms (specifically LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with campaigns teams
- Experience engaging with customers, thought leaders, and industry professionals
- Excitement about digital technology
- Self-starter, with energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- B2B experience a plus
Applause empowers leading brands to deliver flawless digital experiences for their customers on any device, in every location. The companys testing, feedback and research solutions enable businesses to delight customers, drive topline revenue and innovate faster.
Applause ensures digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can via its technology platform and managed global community of over 300,000 on-demand digital experience experts. Only real people on real devices in real locations can provide the real issues and feedback that brands need to deliver great digital customer experiences. Thousands of companies of every size including Google, FOX, Nike, BMW, PayPal and Slack rely on Applause to dramatically decrease the time and cost of delivering great digital experiences for their customers. Learn more at www.applause.com.
More Jobs From