Technical Manager - Restaurants B2B
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travellers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. We are looking for a Technical Manager to lead a growing team of B2B engineers in Needham, MA. In this role, you will be leading engineering projects for B2B monetization such as purchase funnel optimizations, marketing automation, ad tech, and the introduction of future paid products.
Can you enable highly iterative agile development by breaking down complex projects into discrete tasks? Are you a leader that can mold bright young developers into seasoned veterans? Are you capable of hands-on development and digging into reports and logs when problems arise along with delegating and prioritizing the work needed across the team? Above all else, are you passionate about success?
What you will bring to the team:
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You are experienced, both as a Software Engineer (7+ years) and as a manager of engineers (2+ years)
- You have been successful in hiring, mentoring and growing engineers
- You track industry trends yet are pragmatic when introducing new technology
- You will show leadership as a hands-on developer in multiple layers of the software stack
- You show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader, and you can make us believe you will excel
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
- Startup experience is a definite plus