Technical Manager - Experiences
TripAdvisor Experiences team is a fast growing team at TripAdvisor, as well as a market leader in its space. We are looking for an experienced Technical Manager to lead our growing team of engineers working on the Experiences vertical of TripAdvisor.com website. In this role, you will be leading engineering projects for our biggest demand channel, working on enhancing the user experience for travelers, improving the discoverability of tours and activities, making optimizations on the purchase funnel and investing in our infrastructure that empowers the largest travel site in the world.
The primary responsibility of this role will be driving forward the projects that get deployed on our mobile web and desktop websites. As a manager, you will be directly managing a number of full stack software engineers at different experience levels that are based in the Needham HQ. The projects you will be responsible of however may include engineers working from our other offices such as LA and Oxford UK.
Can you enable highly iterative agile development by breaking down complex projects into discrete tasks? Are you a leader that can mold bright young developers into seasoned veterans? Are you a collaborative partner with Analytics, Product Management, and Business Development? Are you capable of hands-on development and digging into reports and logs when problems arise along with delegating and prioritizing the work needed across the team?
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have at least 6 years of software development experience, with at least 2 years managing a team
- You show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader, and you can make us believe youll excel
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capability daily
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions
- You have successfully hired and built teams including interviewing, on-boarding, and mentoring
- You find the live operations of your teams code fulfilling and worth getting right
- It would be great if you had in-depth and hands-on knowledge of Linux, Java, and web development