Office Tour Photos
In B2B Hotels team, we are focused on making our Hotel Partners make the most of TripAdvisor as a platform for putting their best foot forward in presenting their business to travelers, and for ultimately turning our site visitors into their customers. Our recently released Sponsored Placements offering is one of the fastest-growing revenue streams in the company, and we are only getting started!
The primary responsibility of this role will be managing a team of engineers responsible for Sponsored Placements. Since it is a relatively new product, we are constantly focused on improving value it brings to our Hotel Partners. Projects that the team works on span the entire stack, you will have an opportunity to help the team tackle challenges from visual presentation, to data architecture, to back-end scalability, here are some examples:
- Presenting a compelling value proposition to our customers so that they make fully informed purchasing decisions.
- Structuring of pricing and budgets such that we can predictably spend customers marketing budgets and deliver timely value they need.
- Informing our customers about key performance metrics of their campaigns, in the most compelling way.
- Helping our Independent Hotel customers make the most of their marketing investment by maximizing direct bookings.
Can you enable highly iterative agile development by breaking down complex projects, such as the ones mentioned above, into discrete tasks? Are you a leader that can mold bright young developers into seasoned veterans? Are you a collaborative partner with Analytics, Product Management, and Business Development? Are you capable of hands-on development and digging into reports and logs when problems arise along with delegating and prioritizing the work needed across the team?
What you will bring to the team:
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have at least 6 years of software development experience, with at least 2 years managing a team.
- You show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader, and you can make us believe youll excel.
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
- You can manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- You have the ability to work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions.
- You have successfully hired and built teams including interviewing, on-boarding, and mentoring.
- You find the live operations of your teams code fulfilling and worth getting right.
- It would be great if you had in-depth and hands-on knowledge of full-stack web development or service development in Linux/Java environment. Microservices and React knowledge are even better!
More Jobs From