We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Hospitality Solutions is a B2B-focused pillar within Tripadvisor Engineering. It is responsible for building products that serve restaurant owners and hoteliers, enabling them to market their businesses online. We are looking for a Technical Manager to lead a team of B2B engineers in Needham, MA. In this role, you will be leading engineering projects to build out product features and to monetize them.
What you will do:
- Manage a single small to medium-sized team (~4-8 engineers).
- You will be responsible for administering an agile process to manage your teams work.
- Encourage iteration and breaking down complex projects into smaller discrete parts.
- Champion software engineering best practices and coach your tech leads and individual contributors on how they can improve their craft and ultimately their career.
- As a seasoned engineering leader, you are capable of stepping into the shoes of a technical lead, comfortable discussing design and architecture tradeoffs.
- You will contribute code when time and necessity permits.
- Foster a productive, collaborative, and results-driven culture on your team.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You bring 5-7 years of experience as a Software Engineer, including 1-2 years as a manager of Software Engineers
- You have been successful in hiring, mentoring, and growing engineers
- You have consistently exceeded expectations throughout your career, and you can describe specific activities and projects that demonstrate this behavior
You are expected to:
- Lead an engineering team as part of a larger organization
- Champion effective Agile development processes
- Mentor software engineers to help them develop their software design and development skills
- Track industry trends yet be pragmatic when introducing new technology
- Show leadership as a hands-on developer in multiple layers of the software stack
- Show a sense of ownership and pride in your role as a leader and make us believe you will excel
- Manage a team towards long-term goals while delivering new capabilities daily
- Work with everyone from engineers to product owners to C-level executives to help communicate, prioritize, influence and inform key product decisions