Technical Lead, Web Development
Cogito is seeking an experienced and technically proficient full-stack web-app software engineer who can contribute to and lead a small development team. The team is responsible for building a variety of web interfaces for our innovative enterprise software products, including novel true-real-time interfaces.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner, who thrives on finding the right tool for the job, including learning new technologies and adapting to meet the needs of our rapid growth and evolving business. You have a fearless bias towards action and you believe that speed and quality are not mutually exclusive. You show good judgement about shipping fast while maintaining a sustainable and principled architecture.
You have a strong sense of design and know how to build modular, scalable, secure, fault-tolerant systems. You have a proven track record on design and development and the ability to mentor junior developers in these skills. You understand requirements beyond the written word and anticipate future evolution with strategic architecture.
Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Act as hands-on lead of a group of 3-4 software engineers responsible for the development of web applications, including both front-end and back-end components
- Act as the primary expert on the graphical UI layer of these applications
- Work with the software and product development teams to maintain a prioritized engineering backlog. Plan, estimate, and deliver on-time according to agreed-upon estimates
- Collaborate with peers in software engineering to build a great engineering culture that is both high-performing and fun to be a part of
- Act as technical mentor and resource for junior software engineers on the team'
- Web development technologies and methodologies
- React / Redux
- Technical diagramming and communication of software architecture and design
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Fluency with Unix / Linux operating system and development environment
- Fluency with revision control, including distributed revision control and Git in particular
- Bachelor or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, or another relevant field
- 7+ years of professional software development experience with 5+ years of web software development experience with focus on UI
- 2+ years of technical or team lead experience
- Experience and / or strong understanding of React / Redux or single page application frameworks
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and technologies
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Monthly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.