Technical Lead, Ad Engineering
EverQuote is seeking a Technical Lead to work in our Cambridge, MA office on the Ad Engineering team. The Ad Eng team is making advertising online easier, more efficient, and more quantitatively measurable. If you love to code and you love working closely with smart people, were looking for you!
Qualified candidates will peer with our traffic analytics leads to extend and improve our advertising technology platforms, both internal and external. Our Technical Leads set the strategy and vision for new development, work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements, handle day-to-day operations, and focus on improving the team's engineering culture.
This role will afford the right individuals the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting problems involving large and complex data sets, high-volume traffic, and near-real-time feedback. Candidates in interviews should demonstrate strong system design skills, interest in clearly defining and prioritizing the problems to solve, and the ability to break down complex problems into actionable next steps.
- Write exemplary, well-tested code
- Build new and extend existing traffic acquisition and analytic systems to improve consumer alignment and performance
- Collaborate with traffic teams and data scientists to develop and automate new and existing traffic acquisition strategies
- Architect platforms to reduce required effort to support most probable changes in functional requirements
- Advocate for industry best practices in minimizing effort to deliver high quality, tested code to production
- Help drive strategic thinking about how to evolve online marketing opportunities available to us
- Serve as part of the team-wide weekly on-call rotation
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 3 years professional operations experience with application development
- Solid background in computer science fundamentals including algorithm design and optimization, threading, data structures
- Strong communications skills, including active listening and technical writing
- Passion for well-designed abstractions at multiple levels (function, module, component, service)
- Interest in online business and learning how to make money online
- Entrepreneurial mindset; sense of urgency and accountability
- Experience and willingness to mentor junior engineers
- Able to manage cross-team projects
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset
- Production experience in Linux
- Understanding of fundamentals of SQL
- Open to transitioning into management after 12 months or more
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history.
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We use data to both support and drive our judgement and decision-making.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities.
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more.
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment.
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, gamers, authors, climbers, aviators, and more.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal. We save consumers and insurance providers time and money by operating the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.