: Technical Documentation Specialist
Vecna Robotics seeks a Technical Documentation Specialist to create and implement Jira and Confluence processes and procedures for the Product Development Team. This position works closely with the Division Performance Manager to create effective performance tracking tools and communication processes between teams. The Technical Documentation Specialist will create accurate internal and external documentation for new products and support the production of new technical material.
The ideal candidate will have experience with creating and using Jira/Confluence processes in a technical environment, an understanding of technical systems, and exceptional documentation and organizational skills.
A technical writing sample is required.
This is a fulltime role with benefits.
In this role you will:
- Spearhead the reorganization of the documentation structure both within and outside of Jira that will allow all technical teams to collaborate more effectively.
- Establish and execute effective Jira and documentation procedures to create a clear organizational structure for team documentation.
- Propose Jira documentation standards for all Jira issues that will allow for accurate trend tracking and to determine KPIs are met.
- Gain consensus across the Product Development Teams (software, hardware, and firmware) for documentation structure and process changes, and enforce the use of these procedures.
- Assist the team in documenting all technical improvements.
- Create and maintain customer facing documentation on the software and hardware platforms in production and development.
- Oversee peer review and ensuring final documentation is complete, comprehensive and targeted to the correct audience.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, English, or Communications and 2+ years of related work experience; without a degree, 6+ years of related experience.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence in a Technical Environment.
- Passion for Organization and Attentiveness to Detail.
- Excellent communication skills between and within teams in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment and prioritize while working on a multitude of projects.
- Willingness to challenge established processes for the purpose of organizational improvements.
- Strong Technical Writing skills.
- Experience with: Confluence/Jira, Git, Python, ROS, Java.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.
More Jobs From