If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where each and every employee can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We are looking for a Network Engineer (Technical Implementation) who has successfully scaled enterprise environments to help support continued high growth organizations. This person will manage Takeoff Technologies Incs technical delivery of infrastructure and relevant devices in support of our cutting edge Micro Fulfillment Centers (MFC). The Takeoff MFC requires core/access switching management, firewall set up, WAN, VoIP communications, and remote office connectivity in order to support the industrys leading robotic grocery solution.
Ideally, this person will have some exposure to Cisco network infrastructure, but that is not a requirement. You will focus on network support but will learn and grow as a result of being surrounded by a team of senior engineers helping deploy solutions.
Please note that although we are remote at the moment, we ideally are looking for this person to be based in the Greater Boston / MA area.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Develop the practice of Network Engineer as this is a new role and feature of our organization while helping drive direction for the organization
- Support the networking environment by managing system configuration; facilitating system installation; and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages, investigating faults in the network
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
The experience you will bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience working in IT and/or Infrastructure related fields
- Prior experience configuring and installing ASA, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN, VLAN, WiFi-AP, Proxy Servers
- Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware
- Configuration, Network Wiring (Structure cabling and fiber optics) and Certification Supervision
- Network Performance Monitoring and tuning
- Experience managing Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switch products
- Experience with SAML, AAA and multi-factor authentication
- Understanding of out of band management capabilities
- Ability to influence and manage third parties in a global environment
- Strongly preferred:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate
The reasons you will love Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fund
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.