Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
About the role
Starburst is looking for a creative, hardworking, and passionate Technical Content Manager who wants to have a huge impact at a hyper-growth data and analytics company. In this role, youll define and execute on our technical content strategy, work on customer marketing content, and a multitude of other content forms. Ideally looking for someone with 4+ years of technical content, product marketing or customer marketing experience at an enterprise software startup.
- Closely collaborate with marketing, product, and technical leadership to define and execute on technical content focused on the data engineer and data architect user personas
- Craft technical blog posts, white papers, eBooks, case studies, presentations, web content, video scripts, data sheets, infographics, email campaigns, landing pages, and more
- Partner on customer marketing initiatives such as customer stories, testimonials, presentations, webinars, and industry use cases
- Work with internal and external teams to produce assets and get them on the website
- Work with developer relations to help grow the Starburst and Trino communities through engaging audio, video, and written content
- Play an active role in Datanova, Trino Summit, and other conferences with speaker management, recordings, and event planning
- 4+ years of technical content or product marketing experience in enterprise software or SaaS
- Ability to transform dry technical topics into engaging and informative educational material
- Motivated team player and a willing learner with a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, prior startup experience a huge plus
- Good understanding of the data and analytics landscape with an interest in emerging technologies
- Brownie points for prior experience with open source technologies, data & analytics technologies, or working knowledge of AWS, Azure, and/or GCP
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.