CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. CloudHealth by VMware is looking for a Technical Content Developer to join our growing training team. This position will be part of the Customer Success organization and will create quality videos and e-learnings to provide to our client base resulting in strong client adoption and retention. CloudHealth is a multi-cloud SaaS product that helps customers effectively utilize hybrid cloud environments.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You love being on the front lines of the business working to help with our partners and customers. You are looking for a role that would allow you to help them get the most value from the CloudHealth platform by developing and updating effective course materials. You are looking for an opportunity to be on the forefront of the cloud revolution and possess a strong content background with experience supporting enterprise customers in a SaaS environment.
We are looking for those with the skills and drive to have maximum impact on Customer Success KPIs. We are looking for someone with content experience who can help us build out our courseware and web-based learning programs.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We need a creative individual with successful technical content experience who can help us create e-learnings and videos to train our customers and partners, which will help them maintain and grow their business. You will be helping us maintain and expand our course offerings, e-learnings, and videos.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Immediately and in an ongoing manner you will:
- Maintain online courses for customers and partners. Courses are most frequently delivered as virtual e-learnings and stand-alone videos.
- Work cross-functionally to create course content that reflects current product functionality and industry best practices.
- Administer processes related to training including maintaining content in the learning management system, updating videos in our standard catalog, and maintain said catalog.
- Design and develop training solutions for CloudHealth customers including interactive instructor-led training courses, e-learnings, and videos, as well as all related materials and resources.
- Partner with colleagues in Account Management, Engineering and Professional Services to ensure all customer needs are met.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of CloudHealth’s world-class Customer Success organization, you will:
- Learn complex technical information and work both collaboratively and independently to produce and deliver technical learning content. Successful candidates are strong in instructional design, can translate technical content into effective learning solutions, and are motivated to contribute in fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Collect and analyze usage data to identify trends, advance adoption and create relevant training courses.
- Oversee and lead onboarding training plans, training programs, strategic planning, and product demonstrations on new features and services.
- Create and administer the certification exams
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The leader of the Training organization has extensive industry and product-specific expertise as well as a long tenure at CloudHealth.
The Training team is made up of versatile professionals who are willing and able to learn new technologies. With technology constantly evolving over time, we are committed to hiring those with an ambition to learn, who possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, adaptability, strong communication abilities and intellectual honesty.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.