Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
As a Technical Architect, you will be a key member of the Technical Services team. You will lead in product architecture and application extension through custom development and integrations. This position requires a blend of those with strong technical aptitude and desire to grow in being a customer-facing technical consultant to our life science customers.
The Technical Architect will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best Senior Consultants and Solution Architects in the industry and learn best practices for software development and consulting, business analysis, solution design, enterprise software integration, and project management.
This is a work anywhere, full-time permanent role with Veeva. Our work processes are designed so that you can be productive in the environment that works best for you. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Develop custom solutions aligned to business and technology goals for Veeva customers
- Design and implement custom architecture, data visualizations, data migration, cloud-based integrations, application extensions, and Commercial/Development Cloud solutions
- Manage development projects, resources, and customer expectations/relationships
- Create internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Navigate project changes effectively, and remove barriers to customer success through a collaborative, results-oriented approach
- Partner with other Veeva teams (Services, Strategy, Business Consulting) to manage, track, and optimize customer success
- Uphold Veeva Vision and Values including Do the Right Thing and Customer Success
- Experience in software or technical consulting
- Experience in web services, scripting languages, and API-based development
- Experience working with SaaS/Cloud-based products
- Deep knowledge of business processes and technology landscapes in the life sciences industry
- Strong consultative skills, including directing complex projects, working with cross-functional teams, managing customer expectations, and helping to drive best practices
- Ability to work from home in support of multiple customers/projects
- Ability to travel up to 25% (No current travel due to COVID-19)
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.