Technical Account Manager
Tamr, Inc., connects and enriches the vast reserves of underutilized internal and external data, so enterprises can use all their data for analytics and downstream applications. Tamrs data-unification platform combines machine learning algorithms with collective human insight to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the massive variety of silo-ed data. The Tamr platform is deployed in production at information services providers, pharmaceutical firms, manufacturers and other customers. Based in Cambridge, Mass., Tamr was founded in 2013 by database industry veterans Andy Palmer, Mike Stonebraker and Ihab Ilyas with George Beskales, Daniel Bruckner and Alex Pagan. Tamr was named in Boston Globe's Top 10 Places to work in 2015.
A Tamr Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a customer facing data evangelist. As a TAM you will provide advice and answers to technical questions that are key to business goals from an assigned small number of high value customers in the Fortune 2000 companies. You will sit in on customer meetings, keep up to date with customer projects, and provide guidance on the best ways in which Tamr products can be used to help accomplish technical objectives towards fulfilling client business goals. As a TAM you will be the first point of contact at Tamr for technical questions from your assigned top-tier customers. You will help create, develop, and maintain good relationships with senior management at customers, as well as seek out new opportunities where we can help fulfill business goals.
Challenges that make this job interesting:
- We are solving a difficult problem - how to organize and maintain vast amounts of data such that a customer can utilize that data to meet business needs
- Every customer has different data requirements. Thinking outside the box is a must, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution
- We are revolutionizing how clients think about their data, meaning that we have large impacts at G2000 companies that extend far beyond just our direct engagement with the customer
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy interacting and building relationships with clients
- You have a passion for building long term solutions to technical problems
- You are excited to work at a growing company where you will have large impacts
- BA/BS in a STEM field, or equivalent advanced professional training
- 4 years of experience in a customer facing technical role
- Willingness and ability to travel to client locations
- Knowledge or experience working with large technical projects
- Knowledge or experience working with relational database systems and hadoop based file storage systems.
- Knowledge or experience with ETL principles and other pipeline software.
- Experience with business
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of coding experience (a degree in computer science counts)
- Knowledge about machine learning algorithms
- Experience with distributed systems and Cloud computing
- Advanced technical degree (MA/MS in STEM field)
- Willingness to travel occasionally to onsite visits to clients
This position is available in Cambridge, MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa.