Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Team Lead. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' corporate strategy, both in the US and abroad. This is a high impact role with outstanding visibility within the company.
Were looking for self-motivated Engineers and Managers who are passionate about creating software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from mining big-data over designing complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Engineers are given the large latitude of handling their own products and projects. Autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term.
What Youll Do:
- Expand our reach by finding new ways to identify car shoppers.
- Scale our efforts to handle and take advantage of ever-increasing volumes of traffic and data.
- Improve our efficiency by developing algorithms and heuristics that analyze our data and adjust bids via partner APIs to show ads to people based on the likelihood that they'll find CarGurus useful.
- Manage, optimize, and bid all our ads requires an efficient and scalable architecture that can update and process large amounts of data.
- Build and evolve the engine while we expand to new advertising platforms, new countries, and scale up our targeting to hundreds of millions of keywords.
- Work with other ATA Managers and your team to generate ideas, design systems, and keep the ATA system
- Improve multi-touch attribution models
- Measure and utilize marginal performance to optimize advertising channel synergies
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 1+ years of management experience leading a small team
- Interest in analyzing data and finding actionable insights
- Desire to create automated optimization systems
- Ability to design robust algorithmic models based on data
- Ability to review code and tests
- Operational mathematical and statistical thinking
- Operational SQL knowledge
- Familiar with some: Ruby on Rails, Kotlin, AWS, MySQL, REST Interfaces
Our Technical Environment: AWS, Kotlin, Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, MySQL, Snowflake
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.