About the Role
Validity is seeking a Manager of Taxation and Treasury who will be responsible for managing the Companys worldwide tax and treasury functions. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment. The Manager of Taxation and Treasury is primarily responsible for the preparation of the worldwide tax financial reporting (ASC 740) and management of global tax compliance. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with the ASC 740 tax provision process and international income tax compliance within a public accounting firm and/or multinational company. The Tax Manager will manage all aspects of international tax compliance, including sales, use, and VAT compliance, and prepare the interim and year-end tax provisions, and complete special tax and treasury projects. The Manager of Taxation and Treasury will also oversee all aspects of the treasury function, including evaluating account structures and locations, banking relationships, investment management, and strategy, debt compliance and reporting, and corporate insurance.
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the quarterly and annual tax provision, including accurate and timely tax accounting disclosures and working with external auditors to provide supporting documentation, as requested.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly tax account reconciliations.
- Coordinate and review the preparation of outsourced US Federal and state income tax filings, including extensions.
- Review the outsourced International tax filings and approve returns and tax payments.
- Perform research on various tax issues including US federal, state, and international tax.
- Support federal and state tax audits by preparing responses and appropriate analysis.
- Complete various analyses throughout the year to assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Review transfer pricing calculations and maintain transfer pricing documentation.
- Organize and assist with the annual R&D tax credit study including coordination with outside consultants and the product development and engineering teams.
- Manage, prepare, and file other non-income tax related statutory returns and compliance, such as franchise taxes.
- Stay current with legislative tax changes and tax-related accounting pronouncements.
- Analyze tax information and consider tax strategies related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Recommend federal, state, and international income tax strategies.
- Manage sales, use, VAT, and income tax compliance and monitor and manage tax nexus.
- Manage the sales and use tax system and related filings and compliance.
- Develop and maintain relationships throughout the finance organization and cross-functionally to increase understanding of the business and potential impacts on tax compliance and strategy.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses, and lead or assist with special projects as needed.
- Manage and maintain relationships with banking and treasury service providers.
- Manage and administer the treasury management system(s) and optimize business processes.
- Analyze, recommend, monitor, and manage investment strategy.
- Continuously monitor and manage global treasury structure and related products and services.
- Manage debt agreements and lender relationships and prepare quarterly debt compliance and related reporting.
- Manage corporate insurance plans and ensure compliance with contractual provisions.
- Experience with international taxation, VAT, and sales tax.
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740 accounting for income taxes, including stock-based compensation, valuation analysis, and uncertain tax positions.
- Highly organized, detailed and process-oriented person that can develop and hold to specific project plans and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Collaborative team player with high standards and ethics.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and make judgment-based decisions with a good sense for when escalation and additional communication may be necessary.
- Independent, self-starter willing to think outside of the box and influence change, and to be proactive in implementing process improvements.
- Desire to work in a high growth, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Taxation.
- 3+ years of experience at a global accounting firm in the tax department.
- Tax experience within the technology/SaaS industry.
- CPA and/or MST.
- Experience with tax implications of acquisitions.
- Experience with Netsuite.
More Jobs From