Intralinks is seeking a Tax Senior to support its Corporate Tax Department. We are looking for an intelligent and dedicated individual to assist the tax team with day-to-day operations in our tax department, as well as special tax projects. This position is ideal for an accounting/tax major preferably with 2-5 years of experience dealing with income and non-income taxes (e.g., sales, use, property, etc.).
As the Tax Senior, you will report directly to the Tax Manager and will receive support from a contractor/staff. You will have the opportunity to work on larger projects directly with the Intralinks Tax Director and worldwide tax department, getting hands-on experience with the tax aspects of a growing, internationally established technology company.
About the Team:
The Tax Department leads the Company’s day-to-day tax operations, including the filing of federal, state, foreign, income, sales and use, VAT, and other tax returns. The Tax Department also oversees all facets of foreign tax reporting. The Tax team is part of the Finance organization located in New York, NY, with regional locations in Boston, London, Sao Paulo and other jurisdictions worldwide.
- Collaborate with and support the Tax Manager and Tax Director to complete ad-hoc requests
- Manage the Sales & Use tax and VAT returns processes
- Assist with the quarterly and year-end tax provisions
- Assist with the preparation and review of Federal and state tax returns and supporting workpapers
- Assist with month and quarter end close reconciliations of tax accounts
- Assist with tax audits and gathering the required information from IDRs
- Assist with special projects, including tax planning or tax recovery projects
- Review and gather information for foreign financial reporting requirements
- Liaise with other departments within the Company for certain tasks
- Research tax issues related to domestic/foreign compliances
- Major in accounting/finance with 2-5 years of experience
- 2-5 years of experience managing/preparing Sales & Use tax and VAT returns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- CPA, JD, or MST a plus
- Experience using Avalara or a similar tax software
- Experience in a global organization
- Previous experience with a SaaS or software organization
- Proactive, self-starter capable of working independently and within a team
- Flexible, ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment