Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
This role will report to the Director of Tax and Treasury and will have a broad scope of responsibilities across the Tax function. You are a great teammate with strong analytical skills/intellectual curiosity and constantly thinking of process improvement.
What You'll Do:
- Lead US income and non-income tax compliance such as Federal/State corporate tax, property/franchise/sales & uses tax etc.
- Handle international (UK/Ireland/Canada) tax compliance including Corporate and VAT returns
- Handle/manage tax audits and notices, including drafting written responses to tax authorities
- Assist with required tax reporting calculations, reviews, and ad hoc projects, provide inputs into quarterly and annual SEC filing, and ensure SOX compliance
- Assist with technical tax memos supporting positions tackled tax provision and returns
- Bring together standard methodologies and lessons learned to cultivate continuous improvements in process, tools, communication, and training
Who you are:
- 6-8 years dynamic work-related experience with a Big-4 public accounting firm or equivalent in industry
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required; CPA certification valued (not required)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills, ability to manage his/her own schedule and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with colleagues in a professional and conducive manner
- Familiar with US GAAP tax reporting requirements and OneSource Tax Provision software would be useful
- Motivated extraordinary teammate with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Keep tabs on developments in tax laws, pronouncements, and interpretations skillset
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.