As a part of the Reliability Engineering team, you will work to "push Reliability to the left" by working with new product development teams to design-in reliability, robustness, and durability for our products. You'll work closely with a multi-disciplined team to identify and mitigate high risk design issues, working proactively to test for and correct problems in new designs.
You'll also work with sustaining engineering teams and be tasked with supporting testing and evaluation of products currently in production. You will be responsible for reporting test results and provide life estimates of modules and components based on failure data to various groups.
You will also be involved with Failure Review Boards (FRB) organized to track failure analysis and corrective action implementations for failures reported in reliability and durability testing and customer's homes.
What You Will Do:
- Work in a cross-functional team to help define and mitigate risks; perform root cause and corrective action activities; provide guidance for part selection and requirements;
- Using Design for Reliability (DFR), define Reliability Program Plans and Reliability Allocation Models for new and existing products;
- Manage system and component life testing and report findings to your teams, and support any FA/RCA efforts from root cause identification through to implementation into production;
- Define test time goals and specifications for system, module, and component level testing;
- Coordinate testing plans and prioritization with other project leads (Systems Engineer, Systems Test Engineer, Software Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and Program Manager);
- Perform reliability estimate calculations for components and modules based on test results or field data;
- Support both new product introductions (NPI) and sustaining engineering activities at our global Contract Manufacturers.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 2-3 years of experience in a Reliability, Quality, Industrial, or System Engineering position or similar.
- BS/MS in engineering, statistics, or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Reliability and Quality tools, such as 8D, FTA, DOE, HALT/HASS, Reliability Growth and Demonstration Testing.
- Experience working with electro-mechanical systems that contain complex software behaviors.
- Familiarity with Excel, Weibull ++ and Minitab, and basic statistical concepts.
- Skill with summarizing and presenting complex test data and test status in an informative and easily understood manner.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies a plus.
- ASQ CRE and/or CQE certification a plus.
- Some travel may be required
In Return You Can Expect:
iRobot is a highly technical environment that moves extremely fast and the Automation team is no exception to that. The team is in high demand, which has us constantly looking for new and better ways to achieve our goals. There is also a strong sense of team within the department, which makes for a fun and rewarding experience every day.