Senior Systems Software Engineer Database Operations at Vertica
About your role
The Vertica Ecosystem Team is looking for an experienced software engineer and python expert to help us take our Big Data Analytics Platform to the next level.
Our team is responsible for the components that enable deployment and operation of our distributed database: installation, upgrade, orchestration, administration, configuration, and diagnostics. Our users experience these parts of the product first and rely on these components during critical points in their deployments lifetime. In this role you will make contributions that impact Verticas entire customer base and help us expand to new customers who want to deploy in novel ways.
We need a self-directed engineer who is capable of solving problems in diverse areas, including:
- Distributed systems
- Systems programming
- Operating system integration
The candidates responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement features in the Vertica Analytics Platform to improve distributed database installation, upgrade, orchestration, administration, configuration, and diagnostics
- Define requirements for new features in collaboration with Product Managers, Support Engineers, and customers
- Diagnose, debug, and resolve product issues discovered during the development process and coming from customers
- Influence the design of other in-database features based on their interaction with the deployment mechanisms
- Provide technical leadership and support for junior members of the team by conducting thorough design and code reviews
The recommended requirements the candidate should meet are:
- Bachelor, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- At least 4 years of experience working full time as a software engineer
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering practices for sustainable development
- Strong working knowledge of python3
- Experience writing software for Linux and working on the command line
- Familiarity with popular cloud deployment, provisioning and infrastructure-as-code tools
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
More Jobs From