Superpedestrian is engineering the future of Micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is comprised of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers ever assembled, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. We operate as LINK prioritizing safety from the inside out. Our unparalleled active vehicle monitoring, self-protection technologies, and robust mechanical design keep riders safe. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a hands-on Systems Engineer to drive the system design and implementation of vision systems for micromobility platforms. Working at the intersection of the firmware, electrical, and mechanical domains, you will enable our e-bike, e-scooter, and emerging sharing products to gain advanced safety systems that lead the industry. You will work closely with the engineering teams to enable vision systems that add exciting new capabilities including pedestrian safety, road surface identification, sign detection and hazard warnings. The ideal candidate would have at least one of: systems design and integration experience at a Tier 1/2 automotive OEM; experience implementing vision systems sensor fusion; or significant experience designing multi-sensor systems for saftey-critical platforms, to include vision, LiDAR, and other sensors.
What you'll do:
- Design advanced systems that integrate cameras, sensors, and controls methodologies to enhance the safety footing of, and provide exciting new features to electric shared mobility platforms.
- Design and engineer subsystems critical to those features.
- Contribute to every phase of design and implementation, from feature selection, to system design and test and manufacturing.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of system-level and subsystem EVT/DVT and certification testing.
- Analyze test data to validate system performance.
- Assist in designing and delivering vehicles and systems into our growing test fleet.
- Investigate new technologies that might contribute to new feature development.
What you'll bring:
- BS/MS in Engineering with at least 5+ years of systems engineering experience, preferably with a focus on ADAS, self-driving technologies, and/or sensor fusion.
- 2+ years of hands-on robotics experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with regulatory testing and end product standards.
- A desire and ability to understand cross-disciplinary problems
- Experience using Matlab, Python, or other similar platforms to execute systems-level design and analyze field and test data.
- A unique ability to extract information from data.
- A proven track record of delivering advanced systems that improve the safety of vehicles or other human-in-the-loop machines.
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan. Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.