Our company is growing rapidly and as such, our Technical Operations team is growing too! We have an immediate position available for a Systems Engineer who has deep knowledge of the Linux OS, as well as a passion for DevOps, automation, and monitoring.
The Systems Operations team is part of the Technical Operations organization that supports our highly scalable Software as a Service platform and various Web Hosting platforms. This individual supports the teams projects, develops code for automation, and participates in technical research and development. The ideal candidate will focus on collaboration, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
What youll do:
- Provisioning of operating systems, both physical and virtual
- OS monitoring and trending
- Provide security patching and updates
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Build, test, and deploy automation code
- Configure, deploy, and run Open Source Software
- Maintain strong knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience administering CentOS / RHEL
- 2+ years of experience working with Puppet
- Hands-on experience working in a highly available SaaS infrastructure
- Solid grasp of protocols and concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, NAT,syslog, and load-balancing
- Experience patching CentOS and Redhat
- Experience with several of the following technologies: Nagios, Grafana, Yum, Kickstart, Git, Ansible, Bash, Ruby, and/or Python
Why youll love us:
- Its all onsite.We have dry cleaning, a barbershop, a full-service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun.Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three-wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - theres a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. Were wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet theres going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine-foot T Rex, but hes friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- Its super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- Weve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you!
More Jobs From