Our Component Engineering Team is searching for an experienced Systems Test Engineer to be responsible for verification, validation, and testng of the HMI system as part of Motional's Autonomous Driving programs, including sensors, cameras, displays and control units. You will be responsible for developing test plans, building and implementing test fixtures, performing and documenting tests, and deriving engineering and operational requirements.
What you will do
- Design and implement test plans for Autonomous Vehicle HMI components, control units and high performance control platforms
- Perform testing activities on Autonomous Vehicle sensors in both lab settings and on-road vehicle environment
- Design, build, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical test fixtures used in testing
- Develop tools and processes to repeatedly automate testing
- Create test cases to understand behavior, performance, and limitations of Autonomous Vehicle HMI system and control units
- Documentation and reporting of test setup, test plans, and test results
- Failure analysis and debugging of degraded or failed hardware components
What we're looking for
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of sensor-level test or integration experience for one or more of the following Autonomous Vehicle sensors: control units and high performance control platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Autonomous Vehicle technology, and other vehicle systems such as CAN networks, ECUs etc.
- Electrical testing for HMI components including microphones, cameras, displays and control ECUs
- Root-cause analysis experience, particularly with automotive sensors and ECUs
- Experience with an issue-tracking software platform such as JIRA
- Basic knowledge of common vehicle electrical and networking systems (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc)
- Lab equipment experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes function generators and millimeters
- Experience with environmental and/or shock/vibration testing
- Experience with NHTSA level 2-5 autonomous vehicle development
Motional is making driverless vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industrys largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the worlds first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the worlds most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group, one of the worlds largest vehicle manufacturers offering smart mobility solutions, and Aptiv, a global technology leader in advanced safety, electrification, and vehicle connectivity, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.