ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
Were a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The IT System Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, automation, and reliable operation of computer systems for the entire ActBlue organization. They will install hardware and software, participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of our organization, and actively resolve problems and issues with computer systems to limit work disruptions. Maintaining excellent communication on all tasks and projects through documentation and the training of end users will be crucial for this role.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software, operating systems, and related systems, including single sign-on (SSO), endpoint protection, PC management, etc.
- Detecting, analyzing, and resolving hardware and software problems
- Facilitating end user trainings to drive engagement and adoption on new systems that are department-specific
- You will lead the creation of processes and standards of how we onboard third-party tools & technology and work closely with internal product teams for integration within our current in-house tools.
- Ensuring the appropriate integration of IT systems with a focus in automation
- Liaise with the Security team to develop and maintain system security baselines for an array of different system types
- Oversee the centralized management of VoIP systems, printing systems, mobile device management, and security policies.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Strong familiarity with Okta, JAMF, GSuite tools, and Atlassian suite
- 5+ years of technical support experience with a strong focus in designing and delivering support operations infrastructure
- Problem-solver approach: can identify problems and figure out the best solution to work through them with limited guidance
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-location, remote-friendly team in a fast-paced environment
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
ActBlues headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Bostons MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in office, salaried position based in Somerville, MA.
*In the short term: Due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote until June 2021. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and begin employment remotely from your home office if you are hired for this role.
ActBlue offers generous, competitive compensation, and provides fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance and an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan. ActBlue will also provide the technology and hardware needed to do the job.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.