Bowery: Supply Planning Associate
Bowery Farming is seeking a Supply Planning Associate to join the Inbound Supply Chain & Procurement team. This role will report into the Supply Chain Manager, and will oversee day to day inventory management and order fulfillment for Bowery’s vertical farms as they grow year-round pesticide-free fresh produce. This person will work closely with the other members of the Supply Chain team as well as the Finance, Data, and Operations teams
What You'll Do at Bowery...
What You'll Do at Bowery...
- Generate Purchase Orders and work with Accounts Payable teams to ensure seamless order purchase, fulfillment, and payment for goods rendered by external vendors.
- Identify and resolve supply shortfalls by working with suppliers to formulate action plans.
- Liaise with Merchants and Logistics to resolve supply-related issues (e.g. quantity delivered, reformulation, pricing, delivery schedule, etc.)
- Communicate inventory delays or concerns with appropriate urgency to key stakeholders across the company.
- Engage in root cause analysis for supply chain issues/constraints/process gaps and drive corrective actions.
- Conduct or coordinate periodic inventory audits to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Support Bowery’s supply planning processes and workflows during expansion.
What You Have...
- 1-3 years of professional clerical work experience. Prior experience in supply chain, inventory planning, and/or warehouse management software is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks, to hit hard deadlines, and to know when to escalate issues that arise.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills and capabilities.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Ability to act like an owner and take on responsibility.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
Preferred familiarity/expertise using ERP/MRP/Advanced planning systems, such as SAP, Oracle.
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Stop & Shop stores in the Tri-state area; Brooklyn Fare, Westside Market and Foragers Market in NYC; and online through Peapod, AmazonFresh and Jet.com. Additionally, Bowery is featured at Sweetgreen, and on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $122.5M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
More Jobs From