Bowery: Supply Chain Scheduler
Bowery’s Supply Chain and Expansion team is seeking a Supply Chain Scheduler to serve as the critical link between customer demand and the fresh produce Bowery grows in our indoor vertical farming systems. Bowery’s farms are highly flexible, and able to grow crops across a variety of schedules, environmental conditions, and varieties. The Supply Chain Scheduler will work directly with the Sales and Operations teams to ensure that every leaf of arugula or romaine makes it to our customers on time and to specification. In addition to thinking about how to develop a robust production plan, you’ll also consider the operational and system capacity implications as you translate that plan into a workable, efficient schedule for how we plant and grow every crop. As Bowery continues to construct additional farms, there will be complex new planning and scheduling challenges to tackle. This role is based in Bowery’s headquarters in New York City, with occasional opportunities to travel to our farms.
What you’ll do...
- Help Bowery farms manage complexity and variability to ensure Bowery never misses a customer order
- Build and maintain daily crop planting, growing, and packing schedules based on overall production plans that can be used to perform labor planning and optimize day to day tasks and inventory levels in the farm
- Monitor actual production versus the plan, and actual schedules versus the master schedule, and help to track down, evaluate, and integrate learnings about why variance occurs
- Communicate impacts of new information on schedules and production expectations
- Partner with Farm Operations to develop and implement solutions to reduce waste
Who you are...
- BS degree in operations management, supply chain, business administration, or a related field
- 1-3 years serving in a supply chain and/or planning related role is preferred
- High level of comfort working in spreadsheet technologies like Excel and Google Sheets; familiarity with SQL databases a plus
- Experience and/or comfort around working at an early stage company with rapidly evolving practices, tools, and strategies
- Highly organized and able to translate extreme detail into easily absorbed output
- Clear communicator with both oral and written skills and comfort leading cross-functional teams in focused, output-oriented conversations
- Track record of rolling up your sleeves and jumping into new situations even when not explicitly part of the role description
Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Stop & Shop stores in the Tri-state area; Brooklyn Fare, Westside Market and Foragers Market in NYC; and online through Peapod, AmazonFresh and Jet.com. Additionally, Bowery is featured at Sweetgreen, and on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised $122.5M from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national o
More Jobs From