We are seeking a Senior Supply Chain Manager with experience sourcing mechanical assemblies and components. Your will be responsible for establishing relationships with vendors to secure the best value for goods purchased. You will develop and maintain a qualified supply base while understanding manufacturing trends and market influences. You will partner with Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, and Quality to identify the best sources for parts and assemblies in order to deliver qualified products to the manufacturing line.
What you'll do:
- Identify, develop, implement, and maintain sourcing strategies and relationships for assigned categories using a global supply base.
- Review product selections, evaluate supplier quotations, and validate compliance to engineering specifications in order to select the solutions that bring the most commercial value.
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers to develop cost models, target costs and low cost alternatives. Organize and conduct pricing benchmarks and competitive analysis.
- Drive programs to continuously improve the quality of goods from suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of cost saving projects that meet Superpedestrian targets for cost reduction.
- Actively resolve supplier delivery, quality or commercial issues.
What were looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is a must
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in Commodity/Category Management, Procurement and/or Strategic Sourcing within a global organization
- Experience in sourcing mechanical parts from suppliers in Asia
- Extensive knowledge of prototype and production manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with procurement strategy and cost management best practices
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to effectively work with global suppliers
- Able to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints and maintain focus at all times
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must
- Experience with a wide range of technologies and projects is a plus
- Previous work experience at scaling companies required
- Experience spanning small companies and a large companies is a plus