Who We are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the home security industry with one mission: to make every home secure.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and were growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data-driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
We design, develop, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems. We manage a diverse network of global manufacturers to help with design, and lead in manufacturing of our products. This includes home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of people across the United States and the U.K.
We focus on product creation and development to the highest quality standards to support our customers and enable the safest solutions for their lives.
We drive passion through innovation, not only through product creation and design, but through operational excellence, simplifying our supply chain and operations, driving quality, removing waste, and delighting our customers.
What You'll Do
- Building, planning, directing, coordinating, and leading the global logistics team, including logistics, transportation, freight, small parcel, and customs clearance, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations to meet current and future needs of the organization
- Defining, establishing, implementing, and communicating logistics strategies to complement corporate objectives and to ensure best value routes to meet customer and supply chain demands.
- Implement, modify and enforce supplier logistics guidelines
- Creating logistics dashboards to track KPI data around shipping costs, performance, and on-time delivery from our partners and to our customers.
- Support our purchasing team with negotiating freight and small parcel contracts globally
- Working with Purchasing to write and managing RFPs related to global logistics and transportation management systems
- Reviewing and follow up with our carriers on freight arrival and prompt delivery to our DCs and 3PLs
- Overseeing filing of all freight loss claims with insurance and carriers and follow up on collection
- Working closely with the sourcing team to provide informational data, special project shipments, new countries being looked at for sourcing, new market openings, regional distribution hubs, postponement and free trade zone strategies, etc.
- Overseeing export orders for all divisions and facilities, including international transfers and shipments and shipments to our global distribution centers
- Establishing, communicating, and implementing logistics-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution
- Development of strategies to ensure that freight availability is aligned with SimpliSafes projected growth.
- Development of strategies for ensuring that freight is available on time to SimpliSafes customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Implement, modify and enforce logistics policies and procedures. Work closely with other functions to ensure accurate and effective execution
- Providing management for all inventory moves from our suppliers to our 3PLs and DCs
- Maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, and best practices in logistics management
- *Reverse Logistics - Partner internally with the Sales, Marketing and Operations functions to develop a fully integrated strategy to maximize value on returned goods and establish strategies for secondary sales channels.
- Manage logistics costs. Establish and align to appropriate cost targets, and drive efficiencies to outperform industry trends
- Measure and gauge partner performance for domestic logistics and international freight forwarders. Establish and maintain scorecards and KPI dashboards
- Measure and gauge 3PL distribution and reverse logistics partner performance
- Ensure adherence to global trade compliance standards, HTS code planning, and C-TPAT adherence.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a Customs Compliance Manual and ensure reasonable care for compliance
- Reduce cost exposure and support customer requirements to include, but not limited to, compliance chargebacks, shipping on time, freight claims, etc. Ensures claims and concerns are resolved efficiently and on time
- Drive the development and refinement of procedures for trade compliance programs as well as ensuring corrective action processes are in place to comply with global import and export regulations.
- Stay abreast of market conditions (ocean freight, domestic drayage/trucking, international airfreight) and best practices to develop and execute strategies to flow product in the most economical manner.
What You'll Bring
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in global logistics planning, forecasting, and customs compliance management for high-volume consumer products.
- Knowledge of and experience with Codes of Federal Regulations (19CFR for Customs and 49CFR for Hazardous Materials Transportation)
- Experience managing US Customs compliance and building a compliance process.
- Proven history that demonstrates continuous process of improved customer service and cost control.
- Demonstrated experience improving transportation, logistics and supplier performance.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to build relationships both internally and with key partners up to the executive level.
- Experience working with Asian manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites. Ability to travel internationally up to 5%.
- Bachelors Degree (B.A./B.S.) in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Management or similar field of study
- US Customs Broker License
- Masters degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management or MBA.
- Language skills with the ability to speak or read Mandarin & Simplified Chinese.
- Strong understanding of geo-political and global trade influences within Asia and globally.