Office Tour Photos
Connect with work that matters. Be a part of transforming the healthcare industry!
At athenahealth were using technology to transform the way our friends and family get medical care and how doctors treat patients. We bring cloud-based web and mobile software to the healthcare industry to build an information backbone with the power to transform health delivery.
We are seeking Software Engineering interns to join us for the summer of 2021.
Interns at athena work on a variety of technical problems across products and platform teams, including:
Core Products: athenaCollector, athenaClinicals, athenaCommunicator
athena.intelligence a.i./ data science
Are you looking for an opportunity for your software development skills to make a real impact in the world? Developers come here because of the tremendous opportunity to learn and grow with a socially responsible company focused on changing healthcare at a fundamental level.
We offer dynamic, energetic, and collaborative teams that thrive in athenas open working environment.
Please take a look at this 60 second video for a preview of athenahealths Mission/Culture.
- Were looking for developers who want to work on challenging technology problems to create products that medical professionals and patients use every day. We work with a mix of technologies, but dont hire developers based on particular coding language.
- We're more interested in folks with raw talent and a burning desire to succeed. The most important requirement for applying is a passion to learn and to make a difference developing enabling technologies.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience reading and writing code in a programming language
- Experience working collaboratively towards project goals and deadlines
- Enrolled in a full-time Computer Science or relevant technical academic program, or relevant technical degree program is a plus, though we will consider non-traditional, non-CS degreed applicants.
Current Team Opportunities:
- Our athenaClinicals team builds our industry leading, cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) software, used by more than 160,000 healthcare providers every day. athenaClinicals works on the beating heart of clinical patient workflows,building the interface to make interactions between these providers and the EHR as seamless as possible andelevating what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it.
- Our athenaCollector team shepherds the financial health of our clients, working to ensure that in our increasingly complex healthcare landscape our providers are reimbursed appropriately. They build key components and workflows used to ensure providers get paid, such as medical claim submission, revenue reporting, medical coding, patient account management, denials prevention and patient access.
- Our athenaCommunicator team builds a convenient digital experience, with provider engagement tools to connect with patients via patient portals, a variety of messaging channels, and more.
- Our athena.intelligence team is made up of data scientists and data engineers who deliver insights that leverage data from across the athenahealth network to solve the most challenging, impactful problems. Data science is a key part of our strategy.
- Our Platform Services teams are responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining all the core foundational components of our technology stack that are required by other development teams to successfully build products. This team builds shared services, and enables the safe storage and movement of millions of patients health data.
- Our Engineering Enablement team delivers the tools and systems that scale the effectiveness of our product developers so that they can spend more time doing what they do best: building products for our end users. They do this by enhancing and maintaining the core infrastructure (CI/CD pipeline, database, development tools, etc.) upon which the rest of the R&D organization rely.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From