Student Services Manager
Student Services Manager, EF Executive Language Institute
Based at our Cambridge, MA location, the Student Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all non-academic aspects of the student experience at our Executive Language Institute. This dynamic position includes everything from customer service, to accommodation and capacity management to sourcing and leading activities and keeping our social media updated! This is an excellent opportunity to work with people from around the globe and advance your career with the worlds leading international education provider.
Applicants should be friendly and outgoing, organized, customer service minded, and eager to support all clients of the Institute. In this exciting position, you will need to be comfortable working with a diverse population of professionals. We are also looking for the type of roll up your sleeves candidate who is comfortable hosting a happy hour, manning a booth at a farmers market, planning small evening events or even helping to show our students all that Boston has to offer.
- Be a pivotal part in creating a warm, friendly and welcoming community atmosphere for all guests with fast, efficient and proactive customer service.
- Follow up of customer suggestions, issues and complaints to satisfactory and timely resolutions, ensuring student feedback targets are met.
- Build and facilitate strong operational systems and procedures to ensure a clean, safe and happy accommodation experience for our customers: this includes managing relationships with hotels, host families as well as external contractors.
- Recruit, orient and manage a network of host families that meet and exceed all EF standards.
- Monitor and manage residence capacity to accommodate growth, get excited by the idea of sourcing new accommodation options.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure high quality, low cost provision of residence space, goods and services.
- Launch creative customer service and activity initiatives to increase guest satisfaction.
- Immediately identify and resolve issues in the school space before customers see them to ensure best presentation of all school facilities.
- Liaise with a worldwide network of sales offices to assist them in meeting their sales objectives and responsibilities towards students. Keep training and informational resources updated for internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with other departments within the school, regularly assisting with school-wide initiatives and events and participating in emergency-phone rotation.
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelors required
- Positive, energetic, passionate and professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communicator - patience and cultural sensitivity are key!
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to shifting priorities on a regular basis
- Organized and thorough, creative and resourceful, with a flexible approach
- Excellence in customer service skills, organization and multi-tasking skills, plus impeccable attention to detail
- Has never said the phrase thats not my job
- Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms
- Ability to work very independently with minimal supervision, but also as part of a team
- Extremely flexible evening and weekend work required at certain times of year
- Goal-oriented and results-driven; accountable to firm deadlines
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.