The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Spotify aims to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery; in this role, youd help multiple product teams work together to combine our understanding of the world of music with our 100M+ users outstanding tastes and preferences, helping music fans listen for longer, find new artists they love, and come back to Spotify more often.
We seek a Strategy & Operations Lead to help us grow, organize, and drive the team working on personalization. You will play an active role in crafting the new music economy. Our organization of engineers, designers, and product managers are located between New York and Boston.
If you enjoy fast-paced high energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music, and have a track record of successfully building digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Youll act as the chief operator responsible for the daily operation of the growing 200+ person team working closely with VPs and Directors representing Engineering, Product and Design on products like Discovery Weekly, Daily Mix and all of the technology and data that power them
- Youll ensure the teams strategic planning and operational rhythm is clear and maintains a balanced cadence and proactively drive improvement
- Youll operate the budget, forecasting & hiring plan
- Youll work with a team of agile coaches and program managers to drive overall organizational efficiency
- Youll craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our goals, including running internal events
- Youll support all needs around work environment including work space, tools and events in collaboration with the IT Human Resources team
- Youll collaborate across the Personalization Mission and Spotify Operations community to identify and drive systemic improvement
- Youll be based in Boston with potential travel up to 15%
Who you are:
- You have strategy operations skills: 7+ years experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, lead multiple priorities and deliver timely results
- You are a strong collaborator who has worked with senior management and partners across many domains
- You have shown experience driving highly effective teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it
- You understand what agile is all about
- You make those around you successful
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.