Strategy & Operations Manager
By 2020, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud. This transformation introduces an ever-increasing set of complex tradeoffs for IT staff, such as whether to place workloads on-premises or public cloud, when and how to scale up or scale out workloads, and what resources to allocate without overprovisioning. To de-risk this transformation, IT organizations are turning to self-managing and real-time workloads. With 10+ patents on our technology, Turbonomic is the only platform that enables enterprises to prepare their businesses for the cloud and answers the most complex IT challenges they face.
Were the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud and transforming the way IT operates. We want the brightest and most driven individuals who are looking to steer the future of technology. If you thrive in a team-based environment where intellectual curiosity and willingness to go the extra mile without giving up are in your DNA, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager to join our Strategy & Operations team. This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking for to gain hands-on operating experience in a high growth technology company in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-energy environment. You will report into the VP of Global Operations and be responsible for working with senior executives on driving execution and strategy across all facets of the business, with a focus on sales and marketing operations. This position will require a desire to learn all areas of high growth business, rigorous analytical capabilities and to be comfortable in presenting analyses and recommendations to the Executive team.
- Work closely with the Operations, Sales, and Executive team to capture and update key metrics for the business
- Implement changes to sales coverage, rep alignment, and account ownership in Salesforce
- Build processes to provide automated and real-time updates of key metrics to front line business leaders
- Own operationalizing and optimizing additional sales productivity tools including Tableau, SalesLoft, Gainsight, DiscoverOrg, and Lattice Engines
- Partner with Operations and business leaders to identify and build processes to improve visibility and productivity
- Own cleanliness and data integrity checks in Salesforce and identify/fix/streamline processes
Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability with a hunger to solve complex business challenges
- Strong understanding of standard business software suite (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) with preference given to additional experience in Tableau, and Salesforce
- Adept at abstracting business needs into scalable processes
- Adept at understanding technical processes including database architecture and management, and process automation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team to complete projects
- Excellent ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests and manage time accordingly
- Detail-oriented with strong planning skills and consistent follow-through
Experience & Education
- Bachelors degree. Preference given to degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science
- 1-2 years experience working in professional setting (business operations, consulting, finance) or alternative field with relevant education (see above)
- Experience working within a cross-functional team (wearing many hats)
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. Were headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And were sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off flexibility boosts creativity and performance work-life balance is key.
Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career