Strategy & Operations Associate
Catalants technology platform and programs enable companies to get mission critical work done faster. Forward-looking executives partner with Catalant to transition to an agile operating model and access the skills and expertise they need to rapidly innovate and stay ahead of disruption.
More than 30 percent of the Fortune 100 use Catalants best practices and platform to frictionlessly access and deploy talent, ranging from employees to over 50,000 independent consultants and 1,000 boutique firms in Catalants Expert Marketplace. Anonymized data from leading companies train Catalants AI-powered skills matching and recommendation engine, inform its best practices, and surface intelligent insights that get smarter over time.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, and Greylock Partners. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!
The Strategy & Operations team supports Catalants Sales, Marketing, Finance and other functions, with two key missions: Instrument the business for scale across human and technological processes; Develop and deliver the right metrics, analysis, and insights to inform strategy and management. Practically, that means owning the systems and data that serve as the technological backbone for our business functions AND serving as the companys business analytics and special projects team.
As a Strategy & Operations Associate, your day-to-day work will be a combination of project-based initiatives and ongoing support responsibilities. You will work closely with your teammates and with stakeholders in a variety of functions to tackle critical business challenges according to our mission.
What youll do
- Own projects to define and improve our human and technological processes for scalability, repeatability, and efficiency throughout the customer journey and end-to-end revenue engine
- Work with stakeholders in supported functions to address critical process, operational, and technical challenges clarifying goals and informing best-practice solutions, ensuring data is useful and of highest feasible integrity, and thoughtfully balancing business goals with end-users experience
- Collaborate with leadership across functions to identify, design, and execute new reporting and dashboards from gathering initial requirements through ensuring adoption to drive behavioral change as well as executing on special deep-dive analyses to answer critical questions for the executive team
- Work with Sales and Finance leadership to manage Territory and Quota design, Compensation design and administration, and Sales performance planning, on annual and quarterly cycles
- Develop/deliver documentation and training relating to owned projects; own change management, management buy-in, and end user adoption for larger changes and new tools and processes
- Additional ongoing support responsibilities may include recurring metrics insights meetings with management, maintaining and updating previously implemented reporting and processes, and training new team members
What youll bring
- 1+ years experience in consulting, business analyst, sales operations, or similar role
- Ability to take nebulous or ambiguous problems and convert them into concrete workstreams
- Strong intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness, driven to consider and synthesize diverse viewpoints and inputs
- Comfort with project management, taking the lead on initiatives to address business challenges
- Drive to improve processes and passionate about operational efficiency
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Enthusiasm about data and maniacal about data quality
- Detail-oriented, structured thinking, with strong creative problem-solving capabilities
- Proficiency in Excel, OR Proficiency with SQL or other analysis/querying language, OR experience building and maintaining analyses in a business intelligence platform (e.g. Tableau)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, Salesforce, Marketo, InsightSquared/Domo/Tableau or equivalent
- Financial modeling experience of both recurring revenue and non-recurring revenue business models; analysis of sales and marketing funnel performance; familiarity with finance operations
- Familiarity with the consulting space, web marketplaces (esp. gig economy platforms), and/or human capital management