Strategic Planning and Business Operations Manager
If you are looking for a place where youll tackle big problems alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people youve ever worked with, TrueMotion might just be the place for you. Join us!
Were hiring a Strategy and Operations Manager to serve as the first member of the team that owns strategic planning and business operations. In this role, you will be in a unique position to influence all aspects of the business and will work closely with the senior leadership of the company. If you are great at planning and organization, love defining metrics and using a variety of tools, enjoy driving alignment across an organization, and are able to think analytically and strategically about the business, then you could be the perfect fit for this role.
You responsibilities will be:
- Execution: Lead day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company.
- Operational Cadence/Rhythm of Business: Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
- Reporting: Author, manage, and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration.
- Metrics: Lead creation, identification, and insights of metrics to improve business performance and drive business actions.
- KPIs: Develop and track key KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments.
- Communication Calendar: Create, manage and maintain specific communications and cadence for all hands business updates, QBRs, team meetings, ongoing communications, etc.
- Framework: Establish a structure and cadence of program and function reviews to increase visibility, drive alignment, and resolve blockers.
- Change Management: Drive change management and business transformation efforts.
- Project Management: Take complete ownership of projects/ programs from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
- Budget: Partner with Finance and the business to manage, analyze and review organizational budgets, measure & track ROI.
- GTM: Support the Customer Success organization on metrics and reporting of sales, marketing and customer success initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, MBA preferred
- A strong business acumen and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated impact in an operational role or leading the tactical execution of a strategy across product development and goto market.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including with the executive team
- Exceptional ability to build cross-functional business partnerships
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Proficiency in SaaS economics and the market landscape
- Self-starter with a high-affinity for identifying and solving problems
- Expert-level Excel knowledge with experience using tools for Business Intelligence, sales and marketing (Salesforce.com, Hubspot) and engineering (Jira, Confluence).
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Highly flexible in adapting to the needs of the team and organization
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.