Office Tour Photos
Strategic Finance Manager, Small Parcel Operations
The Strategic Operational Finance team develops business models and strategies for Wayfairs major supply chain and operations initiatives. The manager of Small Parcel will lead several critical and highly visible analytical projects for Wayfairs largest supply chain vertical. Expected to be a top performer as both a leader and a doer, you will be the point person on several Small Parcel projects that you will manage and execute. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and self-motivated. This person is adept at translating business issues into analyses, building the relevant models and communicating results and recommendations to diverse audiences (up to C-level on a regular basis). This person has demonstrated success in leveraging data to drive decision-making. The ideal candidate can balance quantitative analysis and critical business thinking with effective communication of tangible results and actions. Candidate will be able to work at both a strategic level (understanding the business issues) and at a tactical level (pivoting between projects in real-time, digging into data to understand and report trends, and managing junior colleagues who may be assisting in analyses). Candidate also thrives in a fast-paced environment and can take on new responsibilities quickly.
What You'll Do
- Act as the CFO of the Small Parcel initiative, providing financial analysis and thoughtful strategic insights
- Deliver seamless, cohesive analyses and reporting to senior leaders across the company
- Become the go-to person for the GM of Small Parcel on any financial inquires, analyses and requests
- Build financial and operational infrastructure for top initiatives (models, reporting, trend analysis, etc.)
- Know the numbers behind the business inside and out; serve as the subject matter expert for all internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively on data needs with cross-functional groups, including Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Pricing, Operations and Engineering
- Hire, manage, and develop other business analyst(s)
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, engineering or another quantitative based field
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics and/or other modeling
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Expertise in Excel, SQL and/or other programming languages
- Resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Creativity to build structure around loosely defined projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others
- Track record of success in managing and developing a team
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Experience working with FedEx and/or UPS preferred but not required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From