Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
Find leads. Intrigue prospects. Drive growth.
The role you'll play: The Fairmarkit Strategic Enterprise Business Development Representative (BDR) will create interest in Fairmarkit and guide prospects to evaluate our software. Specifically, you will blend web prospecting with phone and email communication. You will handle lead qualification and help convert leads into clients. While it is an entry-level sales position, it is an essential component of the Fairmarkit go-to-market function, and will report into a BDR manager. As such, you will be closely mentored and developed by seasoned enterprise sales professionals.
About the BDR Team:If you want to increase growth both for the business and professionally, then this is the place for you. Our high performing BDR team at Fairmarkit is collaborative, competitive, and hardworking. With attainable quotas, a strong leadership team, and growth and development opportunities, this is the place you will have an amazing long-term career. This team knows how to succeed, and has a lot of fun doing it.
Your main tasks
- Break into a set number of strategic accounts and build interest from key stakeholders and C-level executives
- Prospect for new clients through phone calls, emails and LinkedIn at high-volume with an eye toward exceeding expectations
- Qualify leads generated by marketing which includes content and demo requests
- Look for new potential client accounts and making the first contact with those accounts to create interest
- Schedule demos of the Fairmarkit for qualified prospects
- Support Account Executives to ensure qualified leads convert into paid clients by getting them timely, conducive information about Fairmarkit
What you bring to the table
- BA/BS degree (or relevant work experience)
- At least 1 year of business development experience, with a history of overachieving targets, in new business acquisition
- Experience mapping, prospecting and attracting multiple stakeholders from large enterprises
- Strong communication skills over both phone and email
- Shown creative problem-solving approach
- Desire to move up within a fast growing organization
- Amazing culture: Hard Work, High Standards, Hungry, Helpfulness, and Humility
- Health, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 1% match
- Unlimited/take what you need vacation and personal time
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Headquartered in Boston, and backed by a $30M Series B co-led by GGV Capital and Insight Partners, we are looking for exceptional candidates who want to help grow our company into a global enterprise and make their mark on the B2B tech industry. Come soar to new heights with us!
Fairmarkit is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.