Strategic Alliance Manager - Vertica
Vertica delivers game-changing insights at massive scale, and is used by the most data intensive organizations in the world like Uber, Wayfair, AT&T, Guess, and Bank of America. Within Vertica, we are building a dynamic, driven, world class team that thrives on building each other up while aligning to our company mission. You will be challenged to think in new ways about go-to-market strategy, marketing and the way to build internal and external constituencies, all working toward a common goal. You get to be a driver of change and success, in front of teams in a culture of can do. Vertica is being highlighted from the CRO and CEO offices to become Vertica Everywhere for the greater Micro Focus $4.5b portfolio. What better time to join us!!
Our team is responsible for supporting, growing and translating the joint sales motions into revenue dollars for Vertica and Micro Focus. Strategic Alliances may include BU cross sell as well as alliance partners like DXC, GCP, Pure Storage and global SIs.
There is a significant opportunity for expansion and growth in the Vertica alliance channel.
Management level definitions
We are looking for an ambitious, relationship-focused, and results-driven Strategic Alliance Manager that is self-aware with experience selling products and services through internal and external channel and alliance ecosystems.
We are looking for a successful Strategic Alliance Manager who:
- Gets the Alliance partners they oversee acting as a multiplier business
- Work with the Vertica field sellers to articulate when to engage a channel or alliance partner and emphasize the value they can bring
- Ability to create, execute and communicate a national plan
- Can set goals and decide quickly on division of time
- Experience working in large software enterprise organizations, channel or partner ecosystem
- Marketing experience understanding of demand gen tactics to drive awareness and opportunities, ability to work with Alliance Partner to identify sales plays
- Works to consistently improve the partner experience: conduct enablement and training sessions on Vertica and Alliance Partner
- Strategic Business Reviews ability to organize, present, leverage internal teams and fill in the blanks for unknowns
- External to alliance partners; Internal to GM, CRO and CEO
- Extremely organized, excellent time management skills: Excel, Project Plans, etc
- Forecasting, planning and reporting skills in relation to partner and alliance deals; influences partner on funnel creation and management
- Understands the power of Database and Technology, specifically Vertica
- Technical prowess and curiosity to know enough of the technical components of Vertica
- Develops effective, multi-layer account plans to ensure strategic account management
- Self-starter: is comfortable working both independently as well as within a large organization to achieve goals
- Fun and social, ability to quickly connect, a social evangelist
- Gets excited about professional development and executive networking
- Attitude: build up and encourage our success
- Proficient in SFDC, Discoverorg, Linked In and other tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree and MBA preferred
- Typically 4-7 years experience at end-user or via partner channel
- Looking for a candidate that has at least five years of relevant or transferable industry experience and demonstrable track record of quota over achievement
- Thorough understanding of the company's products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of the company's offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells the company's offerings by building strategic relationships with partner decision makers; aligning partner and company processes; and promoting company programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and the company's share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner's sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across the company's sales teams.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
More Jobs From