Wayfairis seeking a high energy, customer-centric driven senior leader who cares passionately about delivering best-in-class service, to join our store management team and be on the front lines of our first physical retail store. As an extension of Wayfairs mission to transform how people shop for their homes, physical retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused experiences that help customers understand the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
Reporting to the GM of Physical Stores, this is a rare opportunity to be part of a team redefining omni-channel retail within a successful technology company. Youll create a vibrant store culture while leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team of store staff and designers to create a fun, personalized, memorable and unique experience for customers. Youll also partner with an extensive cross functional team covering areas such as store associate hiring, staffing model development, training as well as collaborating to continuously learn about and optimize the store and drive business forward.
This role offers substantial opportunity for career growth, the ability to have major impact on a high-profile initiative.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on rapid iteration of store experience based on learnings
- Strength in identifying and developing top talent and creating and retaining strong teams
- Supporting onboarding and training from new hire process through coaching and development of store staff on the retail floor
- Set the bar for outstanding customer service, interacting with customers in a friendly, approachable, informed and professional manner
- Own staffing of the sales floor both for customer assistance and service as well tactical needs (re-stocking shelves, updating store layout, in-store visual merchandising)
- Oversee inventory management of the store with focus on reduction of carrying costs and cost of goods and ensuring rapid turnover of items on the retail floor
- Manage point of sales, payroll, supply needs, cash control, billing and other cost needs
- Comfort working in a physical environment with capacity for standing up to 8 hours, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs, bending, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Can accommodate a flexible schedule e.g. working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to rapidly adopt and use technology (both traditional and non-traditional retail) including use of online tools, mobile and other electronic devices
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of experience in a retail or customer-facing environment
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
Our ideal candidate:
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity within a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly changing organization
- Positive, authentic, genuine and extremely collaborative team player who wants to see others and themselves succeed and thrive
- Strong critical thinking skills, someone who is curious, thinks outside-the-box and is consistently identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of the store
- Analytical and quantitative-minded with fluency in using data and metrics to drive assumptions and decision-making and communicate insights to the business
- Possesses strong, persuasive communication and customer service skills
- Leader who can think strategically and tactically, pivot readily and react to real-time data, including prioritizing and adjusting staff scheduling and time allocation to execute multiple tasks and achieve strong business results
- Has genuine interest and an innate sense of home furnishing style; is a steward of Wayfair culture, passionate about learning and talking to customers about our latest products and services
- Process-oriented operator who enjoys managing tasks to lower costs and limit company losses
- Comfort navigating the Wayfair website and teaching customers in the store how to interact with technology.